C H O S E N
#NewMusic: Chosen – Rigamortise 🙌
Listen here >>>> Soundcloud 🎶
I had the pleasure of interviewing one of the few conscious rappers in Carolina. Peep the interview below! #Jaymarlé
Chosen, where’d you get that name from and why?
- I got the name Chosen from the people that started listening to my music and gravitating towards it. It was like something that I can’t explain. My homeboys would tell me “bruh you the one!” So someone asked me what my name was one day and I was like “Justin” and they was like “nah your name needs to be Chosen.” So the name was pretty much plastered on me. So I just took it for what it was and embodied the whole meaning of what it was to be chosen.
What made you want to start rapping?
- I just love good music. I always use to rap, but before it really didn’t have any substance. So when I came to the light and realized what was real, I listened to the radio of what the generation has now a days. I was like man somebody gotta do something. What better way to do it than through the music. I try to do what I can, put these bars together with some good positive music and some substance in it to try to reach these young ones.
How long have you been in the game?
- Well officially I’ve been in the game since I was about thirteen. But taking it seriously for about four going on five really perfecting my craft.
Where are you from, and is your city aware of your movement?
- I’m originally from Spring Hope, NC but I been in Rocky Mount, NC for the last ten years.
- I believe people know, but they don’t take notice of it because I’m so close to home. Its like it says in the book of proverbs, a prophet is without honor in his own home. But I don’t trip cause it will come.
Lastly, what’s your biggest aspiration in life Chosen?
- My biggest aspiration in life is to ultimately make music that will raise some awareness in the mind of the people but not only for people but the world. I know I can’t change the world, but I can contribute or be that spark that ignites the change.
Well Chosen thank you for your time, and I wish you nothing but the best in life and in this industry! 👏
- Thank you. I apprecite it, and again I’m humbled by the experience and the situation.