#NewMusic: Steele – Celebrate It Listen here➡️SoundCloud⬅️
Let me start by saying this; When I pressed play on the first track this young king sent me, I was SOLD! I had the pleasure of interviewing artist Steele, and I can honestly say he’s one of Carolina’s best versatile artists I’ve came across thus far. Peep the interview below. #Jaymarlé
Steele, where’d you get that name from & why?
- My name is George D. Steele Jr. & when I played college football the coaches and teammates always called me Steele. So that’s what I started going by.
What made you want to start rapping?
- It started with writing poems at a young age. When I was in middle school I had a friend that rapped who helped me turn my poems into rap songs. I’ve been writing songs ever since than.
How long have you been in the game?
- My movement that I have is called halffullgang and I started that in 2011. But I can’t say that I was in the game then. It took sacrifices, patience, and gratitude to be where I am at now. I just recently opened my eyes/mind up to this new way of living and thinking. So I would consider myself being in the game for about 2 years now.
Where are you from? & is your city aware of your movement?
- I was raised in High Point NC. And I must say they are very much aware. The support from The Triad here in NC is wonderful and I’m beyond thankful for it. I’m headlining a show there June 13th and I heard ticket sales are at high. Nothing better than the home team!
What’s your biggest aspiration in life?
- My faith in God, my family, & my vision. Those three are all gifts that were given to me for my journey & time I was given here on earth.
Closing remarks: Steele, man thank you for sharing this moment with us! I wish you nothing but success during your journey to the top. Live life like it’s golden. Carolina or nothing! 👌🏽 #Jaymarlé